Whether or not you are home with school aged youngsters during this pandemic self-isolation time, it’s a great time to play school!
In this case, I mean… schooling yourself. During this quiet spell, it’s a great idea to prep yourself for the craziness to come as patients begin to realize what they need post-pandemic – you.
- What services can I learn more about in hopes of helping my clients?
- What skills do I wish I had for service clients or improving my business acumen?
- How many CEs do I need to maintain my certification, and where can I find them and earn them?
- What am I paying someone else to do that I might be able to do myself, to either increase revenues, or save costs?
Then – go online to find courses to take, or find experts to interview, mentor you, or coach you. Here are some places to look:
- Start right here at PracticeUP! Online What courses haven’t you yet taken?
- Check at the Patient Advocate Certification Board website for organizations offering courses.
- The Health Advocate Programs website lists online courses here.
- Members of The Alliance of Professional Health Advocates have access to mentors who may be able to help you determine what you need to learn – and may be able to then teach you exactly that.
Know of other available courses for advocates and care managers? Please comment below — you’ll be helping others, too.
Like PUP! TIPS?
Subscribe to find a new tip in your inbox twice a month!Sign Up for TIPS